Friday, July 24, 2009

Hell Hath No Fury...

Like a Mom with three small children standing in a pharmacy and being told the pediatrician did NOT call in the meds for the screaming four month old....

Let me backtrack...
So, my husband has been working RIDICULOUSLY long hours this week...like 14 hour days...this leaves me alone with the kids for ALL of their awake hours of the day. I know he is exhausted and I feel really bad for him (although the paycheck will rock!) but I also feel a little bad for me! "Single" parenting is less than fun. It ALSO means that any errands that need to be run have to be done with...count 'em..1, 2, 3 small children!
Enter into that equation a four month old who has thrush AGAIN...or still...or whatever and who is cranky because her mouth hurts...and you have a recipe for a FINE day, let me tell you. So...I called the pediatrician's office yesterday...after having done a round of Nystatin for her and me (yes, breastfeeding means we can pass it back and forth! YAY!) and also tried gentian violet (twice) and the bright PURPLE mouth is no fun for anyone!! The doc called back, but I missed his call. I called HIM back and of course, the office had closed and even though I know he was there, I could only get the answering service. SO...called again first thing this morning. The nurse called back and said they would call another round of meds into my pharmacy.
The day was long, but I waited until after naps to get the kids in the car and head to the bank and then the pharmacy. Now, I despise going to the pharmacy...mainly because of the two year old who refuses to hold my hand or sit quietly and instead would like to pull things off of shelves and break things. Also, add into that a 5 year old who likes to antagonize and get his brother into trouble and the aforementioned cranky 4 month old and BOY, was that fun...so I am standing in line at the pharmacy, trying to keep the kids in check, and when it is finally my turn, the nice man behind the counter can't find anything. He consults with the pharmacist who confirms NOTHING has been called in. They suggest I called the pedicatrician...LOL...I said, "Yea, I'm sure that will be EASY at 5:30 on a Friday afternoon!" So I put all the small children back in the van, head home, and call the pediatrcian. I am on hold with...who else?! The answering service!! for 15 minutes...then they put a page in, the on-call doc calls me, apologizes, and says she will call it in. This is great, but now I am NOT going back out with all of the kids, so I guess it will wait until tomorrow...but don't think I am happy about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment